So a ton of you ask what I use to wash my face on the REG. Which is so funny to me, I don't know why, maybe because I have the most temperamental adult skin EVER 🤣
So, I thought I would start blogging what works for me and what doesn’t, because I’m always on the hunt for an honest review from someone that doesn’t naturally have porcelain skin 🤣
BUT don't get me wrong, they clearly (no pun) know what’s up, hence why their skin glows. But some people are born with a magical gene and some just aren’t, cough cough, me.
Adult acne is REAL. And as I get older I’m truly realizing that I need to start to take care of my skin. I need to hydrate. I need to wash regularly. I need to trial and error what works and what doesn’t. And when something works for me, I dont change it. Like literally don't mess with it. Just to list a few of what comes to mind… I’ve used the SAME makeup concealer, foundation, lipstick and mascara, razors, brand/style of undies (TMI?), deodorant and perfume for 10+ YEARS.
Im far from exaggerating when I say I haven’t changed them 🤣 If it works, LET IT KEEP WORKING!!
My face hasn’t been just that though. So, I bounce around all the time till something does. And I’ve narrowed it down to these 7 products that are truly changing my life. They may finally STICK.
Ironically, 4 of them I found through FitFabFun 🤣
simply because they arrived in the box and I gave them a go and LOVED them. Click here
to save $10 off your first box! (Not an ad, I truly just LOVE it) This box is something I refused to cut from my budget because I have gotten such good stuff that I actually use and enjoy and repurchase that it makes it 110% worthwhile.
Any who. Back to it. Yes, some of these items are pricey, but as I get older I’m realizing that I can go the cheap route and re-buy 10 times, so purchase a GREAT product and it outlasts the cheap. Plus, it’s my face. It’s not my feet or my elbows that nobody looks at 🤣 its my FACE. I should be splurging on its longevity!! And so should YOU!!
2. ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
This one is my biggest face splurge. Ever. BUT. I use it twice a week and I have a feeling it’s going to last me about 6-8 months. So, to me, thats totally worth it. This stuff is a miracle scrub. It very gently exfoliates and burns a little ( in a good way) and when you wash it off you feel like a NEW women. I look forward to doing this every week. It’s a major treat. Not to mention I love getting my monies worth out of it
3. TULA Probiotic Purifying Face Cleanser I have wanted to try this stuff FOREVER. And it arrived in my spring FabFitFun box and I was ECSTATIC. Im all about probiotics as of recent. Ive learned a lot about them and truly believe that they can work wonders on all my tummy issues (another story for another day). So when I saw that this stuff was a probiotic cleanser, I wanted it all over my face. Ive only been using it for about a week as my bedtime wash, its so refreshing with no crazy odor so it wont “wake you up” or make you gag, some just smell so gross to me!
4. Glossier Solution Exfoliating Skin Perfector I’ve been using this for about a year and swear by it. After washing at night and patting my face dry, I sweep this across my face with a cotton round and the tingles are WOWZA
5. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil I DID NOT jump on the Aragon oil train that passed though in 2016. I avoided it. I dont really know why, maybe because I hate trends? Who knows. This I got from Sephora in a kit from Josie Maran, Ive had it for a year and I still have a ton left. I use this before putting my moisturizer on and it moisturizes my face SO well.
6. Grown Alchemist - Hydra-Repair Day Cream: Camellia & Geranium Blossom Y’ALL THIS WAS ANOTHER RANDOM FABFITFUN SURPRISE! Im telling you, that box is freaking BOMB. I got this last year, and I still have more than half of it left. I suppose it will last me a full year. So once again, WORTH THE PRICE TAG. It smells UHMANZING and is not greasy. I apply this after the argan oil and together, my faces feels so so soft.
7. Josie Maran Nirvana Hydrating Treatment Mist this stuff is HARD to find, but QVC has it cheapest. I got this in the same Josie Maran Box I mentioned before. These 2 things stuck with me and everything else was blehhh. I use this to set my face after applying makeup! It doesn’t keep your makeup on longer like an actual setting spray but it makes me not look like I have anything on. It moisturizes and I feel like my face isn’t covered in anything! Once again, its lasted me about a year already. It may actually expire before I get to finish it! :P